What Kind of Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect the personal information you give us. We may also collect or receive personal information from third parties with your authorisation, where permitted by law and, if you use our online services, in accordance with our terms and conditions applicable to those services (Terms & Conditions).
The personal information we collect may include (without limitation) your name, address, contact details, occupation/role, and information relating to your business, farm, and livestock.
When We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- When we contact you about any of the services or products we offer;
- When you enquire about or request, or register or apply for, any of our services or products;
- When you provide or enter personal information as part of your use of our Website or any of our services or products;
- When you contact us in relation to any services or products we provide to you, including your subscription or account for those services or products;
- When a third party provides personal information to us in accordance with the section above;
- When you contact us for any other purpose; and
- To carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes (including direct marketing), market research and surveys. We may only use your personal information for the purpose of marketing, promotional and publicity purposes (including direct marketing), market research and surveys where it is impractical for us to obtain your prior express consent.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
To contact you about any of the services or products we offer;
- To process and respond to your enquiries, requests, registration or application relating to or for any of our services or products;
- To provide our services and products to you;
- To inform you of any services, products, offer, events or information which may be of interest to you;
- Where the personal information is information relating to your business, farm or livestock and you use any of our services or products, for any specific purpose identified in the relevant Terms & Conditions;
- To exercise any of our rights under the relevant Terms & Conditions;
- To comply with relevant laws;
- For any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected and for our administrative purposes and any other purposes permitted by law;
- We may disclose your personal information (including your identity) to our agents, service providers (including our hosting providers) and any other relevant third parties to the extent necessary to carry out any of the purposes for which we may use your personal information (as outlined above).
- We may also disclose your personal information where the personal information is information relating to your business, farm or livestock and you use any of our services or products, in accordance with the relevant Terms & Conditions authorising particular disclosures;
- If we determine that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a third party complaint regarding your use of any of our services or products;
- If we are requested to do so by law, in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations; and
- With your authorisation or where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law. Where possible and appropriate we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
How We Store Personal Information
Certain information may be stored on our hosting provider's servers. We have entered into appropriate arrangements requiring our hosting provider to keep the hosted information secure and confidential. Where we store personal information ourselves, we ensure that it is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security. Your personal information is stored securely in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
How We Monitor Our Website Traffic
From time to time, we may aggregate data that we collect from your use of our Website or online services. This may involve “de-identifying” or anonymising your personal information. Aggregate information may be shared with third parties and used in connection with the purpose we collect and use your personal information. Once we de-identify or anonymise your personal information, the information can no longer be linked to you and will no longer be your personal information.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information Outside New Zealand
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to third parties located outside New Zealand in connection with the purpose we collect your personal information. We make sure that the overseas third party is:
- a participant in a prescribed binding scheme for international disclosures of personal information; and/or
- is located in a country that provides comparable safeguards to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
If not, then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas third party is required to protect your personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those required under the applicable privacy laws. Examples of these steps include a written agreement between us and third party or making reasonable enquiries regarding data protection standards of the country in which the overseas third party is located.
How You Can Access/Amend Your Personal Information
You may request to access your personal information that we hold by contacting us on the email provided below. We may provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to refuse such request to access in accordance with the law and charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
You may also request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us.
If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
You consent to receiving information from us via email, text message and various social media platforms. If you want us to stop sending you electronic communications, then you can simply unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the electronic communication.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have reasonable protections in place against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure and loss of your personal information.
How Long We Hold Personal Information
We will determine how long we will hold your personal information, except that we will not keep personal information for longer as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we may lawfully use it.
If you think that we haven’t properly protected your privacy, you can tell our privacy officer ([insert privacy officer representative details]), or complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
How You Can Contact Us for Further Information