What Kind of Personal Information We Collect?
We collect the personal information you give us. We may also obtain personal information from third parties with your authorisation, where permitted by law and, if you use our online services, in accordance with our terms and conditions applicable to those services (Terms & Conditions).
The personal information we collect may include (without limitation) your name, address, contact details, occupation/role, and information relating to your farm and livestock.
When We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- When we contact you about any of the services or products we offer;
- When you enquire about or request, or register or apply for, any of our services or products;
- When you provide or enter personal information as part of your use of our Website or any of our services or products;
- When you contact us in relation to any services or products we provide to you, including your subscription or account for those services or products;
- When a third party provides personal information to us in accordance with the section above; and when you contact us for any other purpose; and
- to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes (including direct marketing), market research and surveys.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- To contact you about any of the services or products we offer;
- To process and respond to your enquiries, requests, registration or application relating to or for any of our services or products;
- To provide our services and products to you;
- To inform you of any services, products, offer, events or information which may be of interest to you;
- Where the personal information is information relating to your farm or livestock and you use any of our services or products, for any specific purpose identified in the relevant Terms & Conditions;
- To exercise any of our rights under the relevant Terms & Conditions to comply with relevant laws;
- For any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected and for our administrative purposes and any other purposes permitted by law.
- We may disclose your personal information (including your identity) to our agents, service providers (including our hosting providers) and any other relevant third parties to the extent necessary to carry out any of the purposes for which we may use your personal information (as outlined above);
- Where the personal information is information relating to your farm or livestock and you use any of our services or products, in accordance with the relevant Terms & Conditions;
- If we determine that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a third party complaint regarding your use of any of our services or products; and
- If we are requested to do so by law, in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations; or with your authorisation or where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law. Where possible and appropriate we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
Your personal information is kept confidential and will be used only for its disclosed purpose. Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties unless you specifically authorise this.
How We Store Personal Information
Certain information may be stored on our hosting provider's servers. We have entered into appropriate arrangements requiring our hosting provider to keep the hosted information secure and confidential. Where we store personal information ourselves, we ensure that it is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security. Your personal information is stored securely in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
How We Monitor Our Website Traffic
How You Can Access/Amend Your Personal Information
You may access your personal information that we hold by contacting us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us.
If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
How Long We Hold Personal Information
We will determine how long we will hold your personal information, except that we will not keep personal information for longer as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we may lawfully use it.
How You Can Contact Us for Further Information